Tuesday, July 31, 2012

my last post



Writing the last post on my blog vacation@home I feel a strange sense of emotional outburst, not only I have to go back to my place but also I will have to put my Delhi love (saddi dilli) into a long hiatus. A brief period which will last for about five years and may extended up to a decade. 

Writing this blog in my mentor’s (proclaimed from my sides) cozy flat in Kalkaji and looking out at the azure sky roughly studded by nimbus clouds and busy main road with commuters gushing like water in a pipe and the low floor speeding the wide road. I am reminded of my first individual visit to this city on occasion of my boarding school reunion. It was an unofficial reunion because it was idea of my old pal AD to reunite all those who are now residing in N.C.R. So we met for first time at Bagel’s, Hauz Khas. (YUP! There are so many in Delhi. I have tried all of them but its still which suits me. I still like the fuchsia grown inside in the earthen vase), we were 6 including me-4 guys and two gals.
 Starting my circles with handful of people, now I find at least two or three faces smiling (occasionaly few grins) at me of many unknown in the crowd and me responding them with a 'Hi' or 'whazup?', whenever I am at Sri fort's, S.K.A, seminars, band performance, and in many book fares in the city. Mathematically calculating the total period of my stay in Delhi it turns out to be very fugitive. However, the Delhi culture has a profound impact on my life and perspective.   

Past three years and specially talking about 2k11 I visited many Indian cities, from Ahmadabad to Guwahati,and, and Chennai to Chandigarh it was Delhi which I missed most. 

To accepting an outsider, a small town guy and accommodating him in the city, my praises goes to Delhi. It’s the city which supported and in fact nurtured my bohemian nature. 

Nobody cared if I venture out in my night suits, yawning and finding myself eating@barista near kamala nagar at evening. Literary no one twitch their eyebrows on that scene, and those who knew me and show a deep care probably blame my nocturnal habit.
It was not a matter of 'concern' if I was found with someone, hands in hand near Lady Irwin's.
Nobody was there to show any kind of hypocrite care, even if I drench myself completely in rain on main road of Rohini metro works at midnight where you can hear the sound of your heartbeat…pounding against your sternum. I was myself, free, independent to live, to stroll, and to dance in the drizzle. Here I don't have to pretend that I am enjoying monsoon, by merely watching the dogs mating on the street from my room’s window, back in my place.
It's the drivel nature of city which helped me in discovering myself, perhaps I am too eccentric. Although enjoying my freedom to the fullest i never did any kind of panga which would later turn out to be a threat to my independence.

The city made me, carved me into an artist (as other claims. I am not boasting!). Now I am an amateur theatre artist, an avid S.E.O.  writer, an established percussionist, an enthusiastic landscape photographer and  an occasional blogger. Now I have loads of hobbies to pursue instead of loafing around in Select City walk. 


I started as a newcomer a month back in this blogging arena and now I have 367 page reviews with my last blog receiving 91 views to my credits and many mails from readers.
Chasing for the autograph of Arundhati Roy, Javed Akhtar and many others in J.L.F. and hay festivals, attending the numerous seminars and short courses in creative writing and storytelling, writing is now an inevitable part of my life.
But writing a blog is a different thing, if you are writing for yourself then you should like it, but in a blog it should be readable. You should be entertaining. You should be sober not inebriated (ha ha I am gazing at the Lagavulin Single Malt bottle lying in front of me. Don't worry I always drink in moderation. The blogs you read was never, and will never be written in a manner which sounds typically written in a hung-over mood. I only write when I find myself best in senses. It's a modus vi vendi between you and me. I love you all and will never want to lose any of you). In blogging You should sound zealous and not indolent.  Otherwise they will not read yours; they have zillion of other options.

As I stated in the beginning, this is my last post under vacation@home. Don’t worry I will be back under the same address www.senselessuniverse.blogspot.in with some new and more exciting stuff.

Past few days on the idea of leaving this city, I feel very bereaved. Surely, I am losing my close friend. My adrenaline. My serotonin. My heparin. (You people don't worry. I have hired a psychiatrist to tackle my trauma).
‘Instead of draining your melancholy on a gin or vodka you should look for a positive attitude' he advised me. 
Yes! I would. So under that advice I am joining all you old guys at the Rock a Fella with Moon Shadow Frequency live. With the  news of Neerja parting away from band, their music sounds like stuck in a rift.
Ms Neerja MSF will miss u with its entire fan base. So please give a second thought to your decision. Btw I respect your life and its priorities.

So c u there. Enjoy life. Enjoy Delhi. Keep smiling (if not, try it).
Perhaps, I want to end all this on a good note. 

And Delhi...wait for me, I will be back with my old attitude.



6 comments:

  1. dude..I think i can learn a lot from ew..! ew are best in literature..! i wish i could write the like you do..!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no...there are people far more better than me in this field..they are probably the best ones....

      Delete
  2. i really liked the 5th paragraph..! loved it indeed..! you can make one to love Delhi after this..!

    ReplyDelete
  3. N v r lucky to have u,a multi-talented personality,amongst us....:-)
    Its so beautifully written,keep ut up Zul !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanx...sry for dis late reply...reason whatsoever may b...I can't share it here...but thanx for ur praise...elated...!!!

    ReplyDelete